Once the acne clears or improves, you should continue to use the medication or other prescribed treatments to prevent new acne flare-ups. Seek your physician’s help to prevent acne eruptions.
Following some self care measures can help in preventing acne. Those preventive measures include:
- Washing the acne-prone skin with a oil free, gentle, water based cleansers at least twice a day.
- Avoid touching, squeezing or picking the affected skin areas.
- Avoid heavy foundation make-ups.
- Wash away the make-up before going to bed or else this can clog small opening of the hair follicles.
- Avoid wearing tight-fitting clothes and always prefer loose-fitting clothes.
- Take bath or shower after doing any strenuous work or exercise.