Blemishes on Face – Causes and Home Remedies
Blemishes on face are the dark marks or patches on the face that form due to whiteheads, blackheads, boils, pimples and many such conditions. Even blemishes on face occur due to excess use of cosmetics. This is a very common skin ailment and can be easily treated at home by various home remedies.
Home remedies for face blemishes can be easily treated with inexpensive, easily available ingredients like lemon juice, tomato juice, sandalwood powder, bananas, potatoes and many more. A minimum of two weeks is necessary to get rid of blemishes completely by using these agents.
Blemishes on Face – Causes
- The most common causes of face blemishes are boils, acne, whiteheads, blackheads, freckles, allergies, age spots and other skin infections.
- Other risk factors include stress, sunburn, hormonal changes and environmental conditions such as pollution.
- Some other causes include excess sebum secretion on the skin, harsh weather conditions and excess use of cosmetics containing concentrated chemicals.
- Women are more susceptible to blemishes due to various hormonal changes undergoing at the time of menstruation, menopause and pregnancy.
Blemishes on Face – Home Remedies
Home remedies are the best to get rid of blemishes and they help to keep the face free from marks.
- Combine honey, rose water and lemon juice and apply the paste on the facial blemishes. This great remedy lightens the blemish formed by acne, pimples or scars.
- Mix turmeric with cucumber extract and lemon juice and apply this mixture on the face regularly. It helps to cure the dark marks and skin imperfection.
- Chop the almonds and mash them using rose water. To this paste, add lemon juice and honey. It is very effective in removing blemishes.
- One of the best home remedies is sandalwood paste and this works great on facial blemishes. Add rose water to sandalwood powder and apply the paste to reduce blemishes.
- Rub a slice of papaya or mango on the face for some time. This is also an effective remedy for facial blemishes.
- Grate potato and make poultice of it. Apply it to the blemishes on face and use it at least once in a week. This lightens the skin.
- Mash bananas and mix with yogurt. Apply the paste and leave it for 15 – 20 minutes. This remedy not only reduces blemishes, but also reduces facial pigmentation.
- Rub banana peel on the facial blemishes and leave it for 10 – 15 minutes. It helps to remove blemishes and all kinds of marks from the skin.
- Take some amount of honey and heal it slightly. Apply it to the face and wash after some time with cold water. It is very good for dark marks.
- Dilute apple cider vinegar and wash face with it to get rid of dark spots and blemishes on face. This rejuvenates the skin giving a youthful look.
- Consume more amounts of water all the day long. This keeps the skin hydrated and helps remove blemishes and dark spots.
Try out these home remedies to get rid of the blemishes on face. They work wonderful on the skin and leave your skin young and radiant.