Products for Acne-Prone Skin
If you want to have a beautiful, flawless skin, it’s important to follow a healthy diet, drink plenty of water daily and use the right skin care products, and it is even more important if you have acne-prone skin. So, if you are wondering what kind of products are good for acne-prone and sensitive skin, this article will help you get the clear idea. Read on…
Acne is one of the most common skin ailments that can affect both boys and girls on any area of the body, but it occurs most commonly on face, chest, back and shoulders. This skin condition is not restricted to adolescents; it can affect people of any age group. Acne can occur due to various reasons. It can be the result of inflammation, food sensitivity, hormonal imbalances or a reaction of skin care products that you are using. So, using the right skin care products alone is not sufficient for preventing or controlling acne breakouts.
Make sure you consult a dermatologist and determine the main cause of your acne problems and follow the treatment accordingly. To maintain healthy, beautiful skin, you need to follow a healthy balanced diet, drink a lot of water and use the right skin care products. When trying to get rid of acne or pimples from your face, it is important to eat healthy diet by restricting preservative foods, junk foods, oily foods, while including a plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Best Skin Care Products for Sensitive and Acne-prone Skin:
The best products for sensitive or acne-prone skin are those products that encourage the healing of pimples and soothe the skin. There are many products available today that claim to cure acne or pimples, however most of the products contain chemicals that contain chemicals, dyes and fragrances that can irritate your skin and cause additional flare ups. So, you should be very careful while choosing your skin care products. Figure out your skin type and choose the one that suits your skin type. Acne prone skin cleansers, moisturizers and other products help to soothe your skin, treat acne effectively and prevent further acne breakouts by nourishing your skin while promoting blemishes to heal. Following are some of the best products for acne prone skin.
Cleansers for Acne Prone Skin:
In order to get rid of pimples or control acne breakouts, it is important to use the right cleanser that suits your skin type. You can easily control acne. However, you need to have patience as it cannot be cured within a day. It must be a continuous process. Here are some good cleansers, which you may like to look if you have acne prone skin.
This is the most effective treatment for acne. Salicylic presents in most of the over-the-counter products for acne. It is an efficient exfoliator. It helps to exfoliate dry and dead skin cells very effectively. Hence, the hair follicles are free from debris and the pores remain unclogged. Do not use any other product that contains salicylic acid if you are using a face cleanser containing salicylic acid for treating acne. This makes the skin very dry and you may also experience mild burning or stinging sensations. Consult a dermatologist if this condition persists for a long time.
It is one of the most common products used for treating acne. It helps to increase the oxygen levels in the skin pores, thereby preventing the incidence of bacteria and dirt getting blocked. It helps to get rid of dead skin cells and keeps the skin clean. Almost all acne products use benzoyl peroxide as one of main ingredients. The use of benzoyl peroxide must be continued even after clearing acne to prevent recurrence. Excess usage of benzoyl peroxide may cause flaky skin and dry skin. These are very mild symptoms and don’t afflict the treatment.
It is a natural cleanser that contains anti-toxic, anti inflammatory and antibacterial properties. These properties make it more appropriate for controlling acne, especially if your acne is caused due to bacteria and dirt. It also promotes the growth of new skin cells that helps to control acne. This is also very useful in diminishing acne scars.
This is another very effective natural cleanser for acne prone skin. You might be surprised about how to use it as a cleanser. Just get green tea bags from the supermarket and dip them in water. Rub the tea bags on the neck and face when they wet completely. Let it dry and rinse with water. This refreshes the skin and also clears acne. This is a natural cleanser and doesn’t have any adverse effects. Its fragrance keeps you refreshed all the time.
Best Facial Cleansers for Acne-Prone-Skin
- Zenmed Facial Cleansing Gel
- pHisoderm pH Anti-Blemish Gel Facial Wash
- Dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser
Best Facial Toners for Acne-Prone-Skin
- Proactiv Revitalizing Toner
- Kiehls Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion
- If you have sensitive acne-prone-skin, you can use Alcohol Free Toner Kiehls Calendula Herbal Extract.
- Dermalogica Mult Active Toner
Best Facial Masks for Acne Prone Skin
- DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask
- Burt’s Bees Pore Refining Mask together with French Green Clay
- Murad Acne Clarifying Mask Repair
Best Moisturizers for Acne-Prone-Skin
- Jurlique Calendula Cream
- Kinerase Clear Skin Moisture Light
- Skinceuticals Daily Moisture Pore-minimizing Moisturizer
Best Facial Treatments for Acne Prone Skin
- Kinerase Clear Skin Blemish Dissolver
- Jurligue Blemish Cream
- Emergin C Complex Perfection
Tips for Choosing the Right Cosmetics For Acne Prone Skin:
Every woman wants to have beautiful, flawless skin, but not many ladies know how to choose the best cosmetics for their skin. Most women are too lazy to visit their skin specialists and find out their skin type and what kinds of cosmetics would be good for their skin. Here are some useful tips on choosing the perfect cosmetics for sensitive or acne-prone skin. Take a look!!!
- People with sensitive or acne-prone skin should always go for cosmetics that contain 10% or less ingredients. This is to make sure that there are not many ingredients that would react with each other and further damage the skin. For instance, mineral makeup is often recommended by dermatologists or skin specialists, and considered the best kind of cosmetic for acne prone skin.
- Choose the foundation depending upon your skin tone and type of your skin. Women with oily skin may like to opt for loose powder or compact from good brands like Clinique or Mac. If not, using the wrong kind of foundation can increase the risk of acne or pimples breakouts. While, women with dry skin can go for silicon-based liquid foundation, just ensure that you choose the one that matches your skin tone.
- Avoid using those blushers that contain crude coal tar, dyes and sterolan. They are not the right kind of cosmetics for acne-prone skin.
- The ideal cosmetics or products for oily or acne-prone skin are those products that label “non-comedogenic” or “non-acnegenic”, because such products don’t clog pores and prevent acne breakouts.
- Not all organic or natural products are the right products or cosmetics for sensitive and oily skin. Unless the cosmetics are labelled with the aforementioned words, avoid using those cosmetics.
- Avoid using those cosmetics that contain decyloleate, putty sterate and PPG mystistyl propionate, because they can cause severe rashes on your skin and increase the risk of acne breakouts.
- Makeup that contains tea-tree oil, sulphur and salicylic acid are usually considered the ideal cosmetics for oily and acne-prone skin. Because such ingredients are known for their powerful anti-acne properties.
- While choosing cosmetics, ensure the products you purchase don’t mention the word ‘unscented’ on the label, because ‘unscented’ does not necessarily mean fragrance free.
Avoid wearing too much of makeup daily, no matter what kind of cosmetics you are using. Even if you have to use makeup almost everyday, ensure that you remove your makeup properly before you go to bed, or once you are done for the day. You need to give your skin some room to breathe freely. By following these above tips, you can find the best cosmetics or products for acne prone skin, which will work wonders for your skin.