Blackheads on Nose Home Remedies
Every woman dreams of having that flawless smooth skin. But, all these skin problems like whiteheads, blackhead, acne, pimples and acne scars often spoil all our dreams of having clear and glowing skin. There are many factors which can lead to blackheads. Those factors include improper skin care, using the wrong cosmetics, make-up products and poor diet. Read through the article to know more about blackheads on nose home remedies.
However, the good thing is that you can find plenty of medications, cosmetics and treatments available today for removing blackheads. But, more and more people are opting for natural remedies for almost all health problems and skin conditions because of their zero side effects and effectiveness. So, here are some effective ways to help you remove blackheads naturally.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose:
Follow these Simple remedies to remove your blackheads on nose:
At least once a day wash your face with salty water. Take about 8 ounces of lukewarm water and add a tablespoon of salt to it. Salt is very helpful in drying out the skins excess oil, there by helping in getting rid of blackheads.Take one teaspoon of salt and mix it with a few drops of lemon juice, fresh milk and ½ teaspoon honey. Apply this mixture all over your face for about 5-6 minutes in circulation motion. Then, rinse it off with warm water in order to remove blackheads naturally.
Take some toothpaste and put it on your blackheads. The toothpaste will help in reducing the swelling and will eventually lead to drying out of the blackheads. However, make sure you use toothpaste but not gel.
Cornmeal can also be used to get rid of dirt and blackheads accumulated in the pores of your skin. To use this remedy, take one tablespoon of facial cleanser and ½ tablespoon of cornmeal, and gently rub the mixture over your nose or all over your face. Then, rinse it off with lukewarm water. You may also like to do face steaming for at least 5 minutes before you massage your face with this mixture.
Blue clay paste is also one of the most effective blackheads on nose home remedies, which can be done at home by yourself. Mix ¼ cup of blue clay powder with a few drops of water and stir it properly until it turns to a thick paste. Then, you can apply the mixture generously over your chin, forehead, nose or other areas having blackheads, and wash it off after 15 minutes. To get the best results, you can follow this remedy thrice a week.
Squeeze some fresh lime juice. With the help of your index finger, apply this juice on the blackheads of your nose and leave it overnight. The acidity of the freshly squeezed lemon will help in removing the excess oil around the nose. Or, take a few drops of lemon juice and mix it with one tbsp of fresh milk properly. Then, apply it on your face. Rinse it off with cool water after five minutes. You need to follow this process once everyday in order to get rid of blackheads from your face. Another great way to get rid of blackheads naturally is to rub your face with a slice of lemon. You may like to do this twice or thrice per day to get the best results.
Take orange peel and grind it. Mix it with water so that you get a paste. However, make sure you do not make it too liquid. Apply this paste on your blackhead nose and leave it on overnight. The next morning, scrub the paste on your nose for a blackhead-free nose.
Using aloe vera on the body is simply amazing. Either use the aloe vera juice or the gel available in most of the drug stores. Take a little aloe vera juice or gel and apply it on your nose. Leave it on overnight and wash it off the next morning. Your blackheads will heal soon and you will experience a very soothing effect on your nose.
Take some witch hazel and soak a neat cotton ball in it. Dab this cotton ball on your nose blackhead area. Witch hazel is very helpful in killing the bacteria, improves the skin complexion, promotes healthy skin and most importantly, it helps in unclogging the pores.
Take a few ice cubes and rub it across your blackhead areas, especially the nose for about 10 minutes. The ice will help in tightening the skin pores, giving less space for the oil to dwell. Use a blackhead extractor to remove the blackheads.
Egg White and Honey:
Take an egg white in a bowl and beat properly till it gets a little thick. Mix this egg white with a tablespoon of honey. Apply the egg white-honey mixture on your nose and other blackhead areas. Leave it on for about 20-30 minutes. Wash your face and nose with warm water. This mixture is certainly very effective in eliminating all the blackheads on your nose and face, and at the same time, it also helps in preventing blackheads.
You can also apply egg white onto your face or the affected skin to get rid of blackheads. Keep it on for 2-3 minutes to let it dry properly. Then, spray a little water over your face and massage your face gently for a minute before you wash it off. This will help you exfoliate your skin, thus help remove dead skin cells and blackheads.
Take a few radish seeds and blend it in a blender. Once the radish seeds are ground properly, add a little water and make a thick paste. Apply the radish seeds paste on your nose and other blackhead areas and leave it on for about 30 minutes. Keep applying this mixture at least once a week, and you will see that your blackheads will reduce remarkably by the day.
You can also make a homemade paste by mixing some almond powder with a few drops of rose water. Apply the mixture all over your face thoroughly and leave it for at least 10 minutes before you rinse it off with cool water.
You can also use tomatoes to get rid of blackheads and dark spots from your face naturally. To use a tomato for removing blackheads, just take one tomato and peel it before you grate it. Now, extract its juice by crushing the grated potato with the help of your fingers. Apply the juice over your face or the affected skin evenly. Leave it on for 5-6 minutes and then rinse it off with water. You can do this once every other day.
Lime Juice & Groundnut Oil:
Mix lime juice and groundnut oil in equal amounts and massage your face or the affected skin with this mixture. Leave it on for not less than 10 minutes before you rinse it off with cool water. You can do this blackhead treatment before you go to sleep to get the best results.
Face steaming is another most popular way to remove blackheads and get that clear and glowing skin. Take a container filled with water and bring it to boil. Once the water is boiled, put off the flame and lean your face over the hot water container by covering your head with a clean muslin cloth or a towel. Do this for 2-3 minutes. This will help open the pores of your skin and allow you to remove blackheads easily by just rubbing your skin with a dry towel.
Simple Tips to Remove Blackheads Naturally:
If you don’t cleanse your skin properly everyday, ugly blackheads will pop up. Blackheads are nothing but hardened dead skin cells and oil which appear on the skin when proper care is not taken. However, it is quite possible for Getting Rid of Blackheads Naturally. Blackhead removal will help you to have beautiful, clear complexion.
Things You Will Require
- Facial cleanser
- Facial steamer
- 1 teaspoon sodium bicarbonate
- 1 cup warm water
- Cotton strips
- Small bowl
- Cotton pad
- Oil-free moisturizer
Steps to Remove Blackheads:
- Firstly, use a facial cleanser to thoroughly wash your skin. Massage the blackhead area gently. Properly rinse off the cleanser. Cleanse your back or body by using a mild body wash that has salicylic acid. This ingredient encourages rapid turnover of skin cells and removes excess sebum production.
- Avoid scrubbing your back vigorously when using a salicylic-acid-based body wash, because it can cause skin redness and irritation, which can worsen the condition in return.
- Application of hot towel on the stubborn blackheads also helps in getting rid of blackheads. Warmness and steam from the towel makes the blackhead raise to the skin surface and makes it easier to extract. This is less abrasive for the surrounding skin. Hold the hot towel on the blackhead for 2 minutes and completely dry the area.
- The next step is to steam your blackhead region. Steam your face for about 10 minutes with the help of a facial steamer. If you do not a facial steamer, you can use warm but wet towels. Place these warm towels on your blackhead area and leave them on till they cool down.
- Make a sodium bicarbonate solution and apply it to your blackhead area. This method is also one of the most effective tips to remove blackheads. To make the solution, you need to put some sodium bicarbonate in warm water and gently stir it till the sodium bicarbonate dissolves. Take a cotton strip and dip it in the solution, squeeze out the excess. Place these cotton strips on your blackheads and leave them on for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the cotton strips. Take a tissue paper and tear it into half. Wrap each half around each of your forefinger. Now, place both your tissue-paper-wrapped forefingers on both sides of your blackhead area. Push your fingers gently to squeeze out your blackheads.
- The last step is to apply moisturizer and toner. Use a cotton pad to clean your freshly removed blackhead area. Apply a gentle moisturizer.
Alternative Treatments to Get Rid of Acne:
- You can also use an over-the-counter, topical acne product that uses benzoyl peroxide as the main ingredient. Benzoyl peroxide helps to increase skin cells turnover and fight against the bacteria that is responsible for acne breakouts or pustules on your skin. 10% benzoyl peroxide ointment can be used for treating back acne, since the skin on your back is very thick.
- If over-the-counter products are not effective enough, you can consult a doctor and get a prescription anti-acne medication. Doctors usually prescribe retinoid-based products for treating body acne. Retinoids are vitamin-A derivatives, which help to fight against the bacteria that cause acne on your body and help remove back blackheads.
- In severe acne cases like cystic acne, doctors may also recommend isotretinoin, also known as accutane that helps to clear up acne and pus inside the cysts.
- However, taking retinoid can cause serious side effects such as birth defects, depression and increased risk of suicidal attempts. Removing blackheads naturally is not as difficult as you think, all you need to do is follow this procedure at least once a week, or depending on your mood and necessity.
Tips and Warnings:
- Always opt for natural fibers-made shirts or light breathable shirts to avoid rubbing and creating sweat, which can aggravate more blackheads.
- Remember that benzoyl peroxide can bleach your clothes, so avoid wearing a shirt right after applying the cream. Allow it to dry properly and then put on your clothes.
- Make sure that you wash off or take a shower right after any intensive physical activities that make you perspire a lot.
- Using too much of acne-products can cause skin irritation, sun sensitivity and over dryness of skin, resulting in more acne breakouts.
We also suggest you to read one of our articles on How to Get Rid of Blackheads on Nose.