Whitehead Removal at Home
Unlike blackheads, our whiteheads are not visible to the naked eye. They become more obvious only when they grow bigger. Most of the times, whiteheads are mistaken for pimples, because they almost look similar. The skin has pores which produces oil to keep the skin well moisturized. But, when these very pores are blocked due to pollution, dust, bacteria and dirt, the skin oil will get trapped, making it possible for the bacteria to grow inside. And, due to this, whiteheads pop out. However, whitehead removal at home is very simple. A few simple natural ingredients is all you need for whitehead removal.
Simple Ways to Remove Whitehead at Home
: Follow these simple whitehead removal methods at home:
Honey and Olive Oil: One of the easy and inexpensive ways of removing whiteheads is by using a honey, olive oil and egg white mix. Take a tablespoon of olive oil, honey and an egg white in a bowl. Mix all of them to make a nice creamy paste. Dip a soft linen cloth in warm water and put it over your face for about 10 minutes. This will help to open your pores. Later, apply the honey-olive oil-egg post over your whitehead area and leave it on for about 15-20 minutes. Once the face mask is dry, rinse your face with warm water. Splash your face with cold water so that the pores are closed. Your whiteheads are removed without any pain. Use this pack at least twice a week.
Whitehead Removal with Chocolate: One of the fun and luxurious ways of getting rid of whiteheads is by using a chocolate face mask. The beauty of it is, it not only helps to remove whiteheads, but will also make you smell and look great. All you need is, 1 tablespoon of heavy cream, 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon of cottage cheese, 1 tablespoon of oatmeal and 4 tablespoons of honey. Blend all these ingredients in a blender. Steam your face and apply this rich face mask on your face. Leave it on for about 15 minutes. Using round, circular motions rub your face. By exfoliating your skin, you can easily get rid of whiteheads. Wash your face with warm water.
Milk Mask: Another simple whitehead removal at home is by using a simple milk mask. In a bowl, add 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of milk powder, 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel, 2 drops of essential oil and about 3 pulverized almonds. Mix these ingredients well and apply it over your face. Leave it on for about 20 minutes and then rinse your face with warm
Whitehead Removal Tool: Another simple way to get rid of whiteheads is by using a small whitehead removal tool. A whitehead removal tool has a loop at its end and it can be used to scrape out all your whiteheads. However, this stainless steel tool is not to be used on dry skin. Firstly, do a hot water steam to your face for about 5 minutes. Run your finger over the whitehead areas and gently squeeze them. Use the whitehead removal tool to scrape out the whiteheads. You should use this tool immediately after steaming.
Benzoyl Peroxide: This is an over the counter medication which can be used for treating whiteheads that developed on the skin. This has antibacterial properties that not only aids in treating whiteheads which form on the skin, but also aids in preventing whiteheads formation. One can also use salicylic acid instead of benzoyl peroxide. However, one must use a good moisturizer after using this as it makes the skin dry.
Hot Compress: Use a hot compress on whiteheads to remove them. One need yogurt, acne lotion, oatmeal, sterile needle and hot compressor. Ensure that you wash your hands properly for avoiding infection. To open up pore, apply hot compress on whitehead and then use a sterile needle to pop it. Now, apply a paste prepared with yogurt and oatmeal on the affected area. Leave this on the skin for some time and wash it off by making circular movements with the fingertips. One can obtain best results by following this remedy twice or thrice a day.
Diet and Exercises: Although, dermatologists say that there is a link between foods that people consume and the way skin behaves. This is not proven yet. But, it has been observed in many people for several years that people who consume healthy food are able to control acne and also other skin disorders. Thus, it is must to restrict the food consumption which are rich in fats, sugar, etc and rather consume more vegetables and fruits. People must avoid fried and oily foods to get rid of whiteheads. Stress is another cause of whiteheads. Regular exercise helps in reducing stress levels that indirectly help in decreasing the whiteheads appearance on the skin. One must also take dietary supplements which include vitamin A, vitamin E, selenium and vitamin C that prevents skin disorders.
Other Home Remedies to Remove Whiteheads:
Everyone wishes to get rid of whiteheads as early as possible. However, one cannot remove whiteheads quickly; instead it takes a few weeks and months also. One can also consult a dermatologist for finding solutions to whiteheads. Certain home remedies are also available for removing whiteheads.
- Prepare a cleansing lotion by taking 50 ml of raw milk and a pinch of salt, along with two teaspoonful of lime juice. Apply it over the nose area, keep for few minutes and then remove it with a wet cotton ball. This helps to clean the grease inside the pores and makes the skin free from whiteheads.
- You can also make a paste of fenugreek leaves and apply the paste over the nose area and keep it for 15 – 20 minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water after it is completely dried.
- A pack of sandalwood paste and rose water is also beneficial in treating whiteheads on nose. Apply this paste on the affected area and keep it for half an hour. Wash your nose area with warm water and pat dry.
- One may also use an exfoliating scrub for getting rid of whiteheads. Choose a scrub that best suits your skin and exfoliate your skin twice or thrice in a week. One may also use natural scrubs. These natural scrubs may be prepared at home.
- For oily skin, mix yogurt and oatmeal, and for dry skin, you can mix milk and oatmeal. Prepare a thick paste and apply it over the face. Let it stay for 5 – 8 minutes and massage gently with the fingertips in circular motion.
- Make a paste of powdered pomegranate and add one or two teaspoonfuls of lime juice and apply over the affected area of nose for whitehead removal. Keep it for sometime and rinse off with cold water. This acts as a good scrub to remove the whiteheads on nose.
- Another effective method of whiteheads removal is by taking some hot water in a saucepan, and helping your face to receive the steam by covering your head with a towel. The light steaming is very effective in opening up the pores of the skin and dislodging whiteheads. Take a baby soap and gently rub it over the affected area, you can also add a pinch of table salt for scrubbing the whitehead area.
- Apart from using these remedies for treating whiteheads, keep your face clean by following a proper skin care routine. You can try skin products containing witch hazel as one of the ingredients, which is good for curing whiteheads.
Just one time removal will not help you to get rid of whiteheads for good. Regular whitehead removal at home is very essential to have a whitehead free skin. Drinking plenty of water and eating fresh vegetables and fruits will help you in avoiding whiteheads. And, also go to the salon for regular clean ups. Visit a beauty salon for a face clean up for every 25 days.
Tips to Avoid Whiteheads:
- Always steam your face every 2-3 weeks to remove impurities. At first, this may cause more whiteheads but later on they will all disappear.
- Wash your face twice in a day with a mild cleanser that appropriate for your skin. Afterwards, rinse off with warm water. This will open up the clogged pores.
- Apply a moisturizer to your skin daily. This applies for all skin types.
- Exfoliate or scrub your face 2-3 times a week. Use your fingertips to apply the scrub in circular motions on the skin and afterwards, wash off with warm water. You should make sure that your hands are clean before scrubbing.
- If you have a current breakout, you can remove whiteheads by applying anti-acne cream on the affected skin. Follow up with a moisturizer.
- Drink plenty of water daily to keep your body hydrated and be able to get rid of impurities.
- Eat healthy. Healthy food does a lot in improving your skin. Do add a lot of green leafy vegetables and fruits to your daily diet.
- Try to keep your hair off the skin and also clean. Hair oils can cause bacteria which leads to whiteheads around the hair line.
- Wash your bed sheets more often as the pillowcase is a haven for bacteria that causes and increases skin problems like whiteheads.
We also suggest you to read another article on What Causes Whiteheads to understand more about whiteheads and how you can prevent them.