Pimples on Forehead
Forehead is a T-zone and is much prone to acne. For people with combination skin, this part is oily and for those with oily skin, it is much more oil. Sebaceous gland present in this area is overactive and thereby, secretes excess oil resulting in blocking of pores. The blocked pores further result in bacterial growth and development of pimples. Pimples on forehead occur due to oily hair or dandruff in the hair.
Hormonal changes during menstrual cycle and pregnancy may also cause forehead pimples. Besides, unhealthy diet and stress may trigger forehead pimples. Excessive usage of cosmetics may block skin pores and cause acne. Forehead pimples are easily visible and make your face look unattractive. This article focuses on getting rid of forehead acne.
How to Treat Pimples on Forehead:
Following are some of the home remedies for treating pimples on forehead.
Wash Hair: Give your hair a good wash. As discussed above, pimples on forehead are mostly caused due to oily hair or dandruff. Ensure that you choose a good anti-dandruff shampoo. Choose one which contains Ketaconazole. Ketaconazole is an anti fungal drug, which works best to treat dandruff. Make sure that when you apply oil on your hair, you tie them back and also wear a head band to keep hair falling on the forehead. Don’t carry oily hair for long duration.
Cleanse and Steam: Basically, pimples are caused due to the blockage of pores. One must try to open these pores. One must start their day with cleansing process. Apply a good quality cleanser on the face. Rub cleanser with a cotton pad after 5 minutes in circular movements. Work until you cleanse the skin completely. Next, steam your face. Steaming is the best way to open up the pores of your skin. Use a gentle scrub to scrub the skin and rinse with lukewarm water. Finish off with an antiseptic lotion or a toner. This procedure must be performed twice a day.
Sandalwood Paste:Apply sandalwood paste on the forehead. One may also add cucumber juice or rosewater for making paste. One may also use 2 tablespoons of sandalwood powder, ½ tablespoon of turmeric powder and a tablespoon of honey and make a paste and apply it on the pimples. This gives a fresh and bright look if used regularly.
Fuller’s Earth: This works excellently for treating pimples. Make a thick paste by mixing this water and apply it on affected area. You may also use rosewater for making paste, which is very effective in treating pimples on forehead.
Lemon Juice: This is another best remedy for treating forehead acne. Squeeze lemon juice on the forehead or apply it with a cotton ball. This also clears pimple scars on the forehead. If you have sensitive skin, mix rosewater and lemon juice for treating forehead acne.
Antibiotics: If you are suffering from severe forehead acne, you should consult the dermatologist. He may prescribe antibiotics for killing propionibacterium acnes bacteria. Topical antibiotics and oral medications are also available for treating acne. They are very effective and may have side effects too. Some may experience severe allergic reactions like fever and rashes.
Other Home Remedies for Forehead Pimples:
- Prepare a thick paste with natural yogurt and fine oatmeal and apply it on the forehead and let it dry. Rinse your face with lukewarm water and then pat dry. Later, you apply some antibiotic lotion based on the skin type.
- Aloe vera is the latest treatment used for acne. Gels and soaps prepared from aloe vera serves a good purpose in healing acne damaged skin.
- Apply a pack prepared from boiling 50 gm blackberry, raspberry or strawberry leaves in 1.5 litres of water for about 3 minutes. This remedy gives soothing and itching free skin. This is the most effective remedy for treating acne.
- Mix cinnamon powder and honey and make a paste. Apply this paste before going to bed and next morning wash face with water. This is another useful treatment for acne.
- Mix gram flour in raw milk and apply it on the face. Let it dry and wash it of with water. This is an effective home remedy for acne.
- Mix fresh lime juice in half glass of boiled milk and apply it on the acne affected areas. This helps in getting rid off blackheads, cracked skin and pimples.
- Mix a tablespoon each of lime juice and groundnut oil and apply it on the forehead. Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes and wash with mild soap.
- Take a tablespoon of brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of white sugar and wet a little. Gently rub them on the face.
How to Prevent Forehead Acne:
Acne is one of the most common skin ailments that can affect both males and females, from child to adult. Acne occur when your body produces excessive amount of sebaceous oil that can accumulate in the pores of your skin together with bacteria, dirt and dead skin cells. Although, acne occurs most commonly on the face, it can occur on any other body areas like neck, chest, back, shoulders, scalp and buttocks. The forehead is also one of the prime areas for acne, because the oil from your hair can easily transfer to your forehead and cause acne breakouts. However, by following a few preventive measures, you can prevent forehead acne without much difficulty.
- Keep your hair away from your face as much as possible. If your hair often comes in contact with your forehead, make sure that you keep your hair clean always.
- Don’t forget to change your pillowcase after every two days to prevent transferring oils and dirt from your hair onto your skin, for this can increase the risk of acne breakouts on your face.
<img src=”http://acnealt.ygoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Moisturize.jpg” alt=”” title=”Moisturize” <img src=”http://acnealt.ygoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Face-mask-for-oily-skin.jpg” alt=”” title=”Face mask for oily skin”
- Keep your face clean always by cleansing your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser. However, avoid washing your face more than two times a day, because it can cause over dryness or dry out your skin, causing more acne breakouts. Pat your skin dry with an absorbent, soft and clean towel after cleansing your face.
- Avoid using oil-based products for they can contribute to the clogging of pores, which is the main cause of acne. Always opt for water-based skin care products or cosmetics to avoid clogging the pores of your skin and prevent forehead acne breakouts.
- You can also try some homemade remedies to keep pimples or acne at bay. Take some raw oatmeal and mix it with warm water to make a paste. Then, apply this paste all over your face. Leave it on for at least 15 minutes to dry and then rinse it off with warm water or a clean damp cloth. Apply this paste once or twice in a week to keep your skin free from pimples. This remedy is an excellent remedy for people with an oily skin.
- If you have oily and acne-prone skin, you should avoid taking too much of caffeine and chocolate since both can trigger pimples and acne breakouts. Drink plenty of water daily and keep your skin and body hydrated always. Moreover, drinking a lot of water can help you eliminate harmful toxins from your body, thus making your skin clearer.
- Apart from following a proper skin care regime, you also need to maintain a healthy balanced diet in order to prevent forehead acne and maintain that smooth, clear skin.