Top 2 Causes of Pimples on Thighs
Pimples can occur anywhere on the skin, including the thighs. Sweat related issues are the main culprits that trigger pimples on thighs. Bacterial infections such as acne or folliculitis can also bring painful pimples on thighs. Immediate medical attention is important because the pimple can cause severe irritation to the individual.
Causes of Pimples on Thighs
Below given are the three main cases of pimples on thighs.
- Too much sweating can trigger pimple development on the skin. Sweating thighs is a common complaint in people of all age groups as they are covered with clothes all the time.
- Inner thighs suffer from excessive sweating. This can often cause pimples on inner thighs.
- In hot climate, the body tries to regulate its temperature, by releasing sweat on the uppermost layer of the skin.
- Sweat causes blockage of innumerable pores on the skin, thus preventing the skin to breathe. In such cases, sweat bumps or a heat rash is likely to appear on the thighs and other areas of the skin.
- Wearing tight clothes such as jeans are some of the common causes behind heavy sweating on the thigh area, that eventually brings unwanted changes on the skin in the form of pimples.
- Red pimples on thighs and buttock is the result of infection of hair follicles, referred as folliculitis.
- Hair follicles behave like the roots of the hair. This is because, the hair strand actually emerges from the hair follicles.
- When bacteria attacks hair follicles, the infection brings pimples, with the hair making its way, through the center of the pimples.
- Being a bacterial infection, these pimples are filled with pus and are likely to cause pain. Itchy or burning sensation is often associated with folliculitis. This is why infection in the hair follicles is considered to be painful. Read more on folliculitis treatment.