Peppermint for Acne Reduction
Peppermint is an effective natural remedy for acne. It contains menthol, which is a natural analgesic and anti-inflammatory. Rubbing crushed peppermint leaves over acne prone areas of the skin can reduce acne. You can also use peppermint oil for acne treatment.
How Does Peppermint reduce Acne?
Here are the following properties of peppermint which makes it effective for acne treatment:
- It acts as an anti-inflammatory.
- It is a natural analgesic.
- Peppermint balances the PH levels of the skin. This will help to control the excessive oil production.
- It opens up the pores of the skin, and cleanses the skin from inside out.
Peppermint Acne Treatment:
Here are the steps to treat acne using peppermint:
- Crush a handful of leaves of peppermint thoroughly.
- Rub the leaves and the juice on the acne-affected areas of the skin.
- Leave the mask for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After this, wash your face with cold water.
You can also use peppermint oil for acne treatment. For this, just take 2 to 3 drops of peppermint oil and rub it over the acne prone areas of the face. Massage the oil for about 2 to 3 minutes.
You can also mix the oil into your face wash and use it. Also, you can use the oil along with your regular moisturizer.
If you find any irritation after applying peppermint, wash your face immediately. Peppermint can cause allergies in some people, and if you find any signs of irritation, you should not use this remedy.
Peppermint treatment for acne is simple and easy to follow. Use this remedy for a good reduction in your acne.